Friday, July 18, 2008

Bottle One

Hello and welcome to my first booze blog. I'm on my second Capt-n-Coke already so don't expect much ;-)

I guess I should introduce myself before we get too far. Hello, my name is Sheri the Bartemptress. I have been working in bars and restaurants since the law allowed me to consume alcohol. Currently, I'm an assistant manager for a large wine and liquor store in Maryland. I specialize in wine but I live for creative cocktails. Beer is great but I feel the same way about beer as I do about cheese; some things I like and some things I don't, but I'm always ready to try something new. In my line of work, my palate never gets bored. I try up to 60 new wines every week, as well as tasting whatever liquors and beers my distributor reps are toting along. It's a hard job, but someone's gotta do it.

I hope to be a dedicated designated blogger, but there's only so much time in a day. I've been tasting some awesome stuff lately and have had some cocktail epiphany's after tasting some new vodka's that are just hitting the market. But more on that next time my little booze hounds.

Cheers!

No comments: